In order to request information under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), please complete the following:
The North Shore Mosquito Abatement District (NSMAD) does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose. Please make your request for records in writing by mail, email or fax to:FOIA Officer –
North Shore Mosquito Abatement District
117 Northfield Rd
Northfield, IL 60093
Fax: (847) 446-0248
- Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking.
- Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person.
- There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a .15 cents-per -page charge.
- You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest – not simply your personal interest – and merits a fee waiver.
- Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
The NSMAD will either comply with or deny a FOIA request within five business days after its receipt of the request, unless the time for response is properly extended under subsection (e) of (5 ILCS 140/3). (Ch. 116, par 203). When additional time is required for any of the reasons below, the NSMAD shall, within five business days after receipt of the request, notify the person making the request of the reasons for the extension and the date by which the response will be forthcoming.
(e) The time for response under this Section may be extended by the public body for not more than five business days from the original due date for any of the following reasons:
(i) the requested records are stored in whole or in part at other locations than the office
having charge of the requested records;
(ii) the request requires the collection of a substantial number of specified records;
(iii) the request is couched in categorical terms and requires an extensive search for the records responsive to it;
(iv) the requested records have not been located in the course of routine search and additional efforts are being made to locate them;
(v) the requested records require examination and evaluation by personnel having the necessary competence and discretion to determine if they are exempt from disclosure under Section 7 of this Act or should be revealed only with appropriate deletions;
(vi) the request for records cannot be complied with by the public body within the time limits prescribed by paragraph (c) of this Section without unduly burdening or interfering with the operations of the public body;
(vii) there is a need for consultation, which shall be conducted with all practicable speed, with another public body or among two or more components of a public body having a substantial interest in the determination or in the subject matter of the request.
The person making a request and the NSMAD may agree in writing to extend the time for compliance for a period to be determined by the parties. If the requestor and the NSMAD agree to extend the period for compliance, a failure by the NSMAD to comply with any previous deadlines shall not be treated as a denial of the request for the records.