Sign Up For Alerts - Stay informed on the latest mosquito news and our activities during the year.
February 19, 2020
We’re hiring! Get paid to be active outdoors while performing an important service for the community! The NSMAD is looking for qualified persons to join our team and help us meet our mission of protecting public health and the quality of life to the 14 communities we serve in Northeastern Illinois.
The North Shore Mosquito Abatement District is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
- Full Time Field and Shop Technician – Salary Range: $48,000 – $55,000 per year.
- Seasonal Field Technicians – Starting pay $15.00 per hour.
- Seasonal Lab Technicians – Starting pay $15.00 per hour.
- Seasonal On-Call Night Spray Operators – Starting pay $22.50 per hour
To apply, please download and complete the NSMAD employment application along with your resume or CV and return to us at:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NSMAD, Attention Seasonal Employment
117 Northfield Road
Northfield, IL 60093
September 19, 2019
From the Center for Public Integrity and the Weather Channel
July 15, 2019
If you’ve ever wondered about the science behind mosquito control, here is an article from Wing Beats, Summer 2019, with a look at one of the many studies the NSMAD has done on larval mosquito control in storm water catch basins.
February 12, 2019
NSMAD Five Year Plan 2019-2023 This five-year strategic plan covering the years 2019 – 2023 is intended to provide the residents that live within the North Shore Mosquito Abatement District (NSMAD), NSMAD employees and Trustees and other stakeholders with:
- A comprehensive statement of our mission and our focus areas for the future.
- A summary of the novel challenges facing the NSMAD that are likely to influence decision making over the next five years.
- A blueprint that outlines the NSMAD’s strategy for addressing each of our emerging challenges.
- A fiscal plan to help guide budgetary decision-making.